Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pickn' Pumpkins

We have gone to the same pumpkin patch for the last
couple of years and have always had the challenge of
getting there with enough daylight left to find the perfect
one. This year we did pretty good. We had about
twenty minutes of good daylight left to pick out our
pumpkin. The girls waste no time finding which is
the BEST one. And then a better one...oh wait.... this one.
And then finally I have to say that the sun had set and to
make thier final decision. They always find the greatest one
of all in the end.
"I think I see "it" over here!!!!"
"Is this the one?"
"How about this one Mom?"
"Ewwwwwwwwww...my hands are dirty.
Can you clean them off?"

Ten little pumpkins all in a line, a monster took one,
then there were nine.
Nine little pumpkins peeking through the gate, an old witch took one,
then there were eight.
Eight little pumpkins (there never were 11), a green goblin took one,
then there were seven.
Seven little pumpkins full of jolly tricks, a white ghost took one,
then there were six.
Six little pumpkins glad to be alive, a black cat took one,
then there were five.
Five little pumpkins not one more, a pirate took one,
then there were four.
Four little pumpkins, a jolly site to see, a dinosaur took one,
then there were three.
Three little pumpkins with nothing to do, a ballerina took one,
then there were two.
Two little pumpkins having lots of fun, a spaceman took one,
then there was one.
One little pumpkin, now all alone. I picked it up and took it home.

Ten little pumpkins in a patch so green made everyone happy on Halloween!

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! It was really great seeing you and your family again in December! I hope all is well and we will see you again soon.

Take care!

Stacey Ruston