Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Unemployeed...and loving it?!?
Well on the 18th of this month I found out that the company that I have worked for for seven year was laying me off. Four days later my box was full of personal belongings and I was done working full time. It still feels like I am on vacations but when I really think about I know that I don' t have a day that I need to get back to work. I filed for unemployment and found out that it will last through the middle of August. Long story short....a summer off with my girls! I am really looking forward to that. But for now I have to focus on things to fill up my day. I feel a little bit lost after I drop off the girls at school. My house is clean, I am caught up on laundy, and the weather isn't coroperating with me to enable me to work in the yard. So, I have gone to lunch with a dear friend, went down to Puyallup to hang out with my mom and sisters in laws and watched a few to many episodes of "A Baby Story" and "Bringing Home Baby." (not such great shows to watch when you are struggling to get pregnant and seems that is all I think about anyway). I know that once Kiersten and Aubrey are out of school my days won't feel as lonely, but I still have a few months to go. I think that I will get out my scrapbook stuff tomorrow and enjoy that for awhile. Let me know if anyone wants to come out and hang out with me, I'll even make you lunch!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Oh Natalie! I remember the days of watching all the baby shows! Kind of depressing lol. I will totally come hang out with you one day. That'd be lots of fun :)

Delee said...

I loved going from working full-time to staying home. My closets were finally organized and the kitchen floor was always clean. But, I do understand "cabin fever" especially if the weather is bad for a long time. Enjoy your summer off! Good luck finding a new job, I hope you find something you love to do!

Kathy Ricks said...

I'm technically not unemployed...but I would love to spend some time with you! I remember being exactly where you are at right now a long time ago. It turned out to be a great summer with Ryan. You're mom and I picked berries with the boys! It was fun. Call me anytime 847-5486Love you lots, Aunt Kathy