Friday, April 25, 2008

The Magic of Time
Since I have been home, two months now, I have done some fun things. I have been called as the Enrichment Leader @ church (Yikes)! I have been able to spend some more time with my wonderful husband in the mornings after the girls get off to school. And I have discovered that I really like to do yard work.
I love to work out in the yard and then as the day comes to a close I go inside feed the family and then go back outside and look at what I have accomplished during the day. I still have a long way to go before the yard is up to par but it is a start. I think that I have convinced my wonderful father to come out and help me create a wonderful area out of the mound of dirt that sits right outside our front window. I am going to put in a pond and I think that we are going to do a little sitting area with pavers and of coarse plant lots and lots of fun flowers and plants. I can't wait. It will be so nice to look out the window and see something pleasant vs. dirt and weeds.
Today I learned how to use the riding lawn mower. I love to mow the lawn. I have to say that it was a lot easier than I thought that it was going to be. A little scary at first but once I got comfortable it was fun!!! Now the yard looks better and I learned one more new thing.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Fun! I love yard work too..it's always nice being able to see something that you've accomplished. Let's get together soon! Next week maybe? Let me know what works for you.

The Marecles said...

I actually mowed our lawn just yesterday. We were set on tearing out the front yard and re doing it but once mowed it didn't look too bad. It is really uneven so we still might. You will have to take some pictures along the way.

Tasha Horsley said...

good job on the yard work! you are so inspiring! we are also eager to get some things done outside this summer(or sooner)!

Rachel, Jamin, Kara, Jace and Bryce said...

It must be a genetic thing...once again one of those "crafty" "artistic" things in the Marecle blood. I am so glad you are finding lots of enjoyable things to do at home. Come back down very soon to hold Bryce.