Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A mac & cheese birthday cake!!!
I got my second cake decorating job and the request was one that I had never heard of but I gave it a go. The little girl was turning 4 & told her mom that she wanted to have a macaroni & cheese birthday party. I really didn't know what to do but Eric came up with the concept & I carried it out. It turned out OK. I still need to master the fondant technique but I'm getting better!
It ended up being really fun.
I sent the cake home in two pieces so it was easier to transport but the bowl of mac & cheese went on the blank place on the cake. The mom said that she loved it!

6 comments:

The Marecles said...

The cake looks awesome! You did a really great job on it. You should start up a cake decorating business.

Karina Rigtrup said...

Totally awsome! Can we say "Ace of Cakes"!

Rachel, Jamin, Kara, Jace and Bryce said...

You are AMAZING! The cake looked great and tasted great, too. I am probably the only one who reads this blog who got to "experience" the cake - it looked so AWESOME. Great job and please stop being so hard on yourself:-)

Delee said...

That looks so cool! You're so talented!

Tasha Horsley said...

oh my goodness! that is too cute ! :)

The Cypher Family :) said...

that is amazing Natalie. Josh will have to practice and practice until he can do that! I am so impressed. I am sure it tasted great too! All the cakes you have made for Kara and Jace have been perfect! Great Job!