Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Road Trip to Idaho
The girls and I decided to take a road trip to Idaho to visit my two younger brothers and their families. We left @ 5:00am & arrived around 3:30 or so. It was a great drive. I was a little nervous for it since I haven't ever driven that long & far by myself but I did great. The girls did really well too. I have to be really thankful for modern technology.
They watched movies on the DVD player and I listened to my ipod. It was fun to take off and do a road trip all by ourselves!
Their cousins (from left...Briella, Aubrey, Kiersten, & Kaitlyn)
The girls ran through the sprinkler to stay cool. The weather was in the upper 90's to whole time we were there. It even broke 100 a few days.
I bought Kaitlyn a pool because she loves the water. She would carry to hose around and play with that too. It was really funny. She would bend down & take a drink & even wet her hair down.
Hangin' out in the backyard
Spencer, Paige, & Briella came down for the weekend. It was great to be able to see them too. What a cute little girl.
We went down to a great park right on the Snake River. Uncle Taylor had told the girls to make a list of what they wanted to do when they were there. On the list was to swim in the Snake River. Uncle Taylor was a brave soul and jumped in to help the girls. It was cold but felt good to be able to cool off.
Kiersten was a little hesitant to go in but finally made it.
I love her piggy tail on top of her head.
Smile. Another thing on the list was to take pics of the new Twin Falls Temple. It wasn't open yet so we just walked around the fence. It is beautiful!
Watching a movie!
They put Aubrey's blanket over their heads when the sun was too bright to see the screen. It was a fun trip to have done. I'm glad that I have been able to have the summer off to be with them. It was a great thought to know that I didn't have to go to work when I got back. It some how made it a little bit more relaxing. Thank you Taylor, Stephanie, & Kaitlyn for letting us come and stay with you. And thank you to Spencer, Paige, & Briella for making the trip over to Tay's so we could see you too. Good time were had by all!!!

2 comments:

The Parents said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!

Rachel, Jamin, Kara, Jace and Bryce said...

What a fun time. I am so glad you have been able to visit the families in Idaho and spend the summer with your girls:-)