What the heck....?
Well we went in this morning for the greatly anticipated ultra sound. One of the first things that the gal asked us was..."Do you want to know the sex of the baby?" By which she got a really quick answer of YES! So she started to do her thing...measuring the things that she needed to, checking the things that needed to be checked. We saw the heart beating and the arms, hands, legs, feet, spine, and even the stomach. She had me get up and empty my bladder and then she had me lay on my side. By this time we have been there almost an hour. Then she said..."Well I don't think that we are going to be able to see what this baby is." WHAT!?! NO! WHAT!?! Did I hear that right? Not going to be able to tell? Ummmm, that is what we came her for! Then she hung up the wand thing and said that she would be back in about ten minutes, she had to go talk to the radiologist to make sure she had gotten all of the right images. (All the right ones for who, she didn't get the "right" one for me!!!! Aren't I the most important person?
But before she left she said..."If I had to take a guess I would guess a girl." Uhhhhhhhhhh....that is worse that not knowing at all. I mean you can't decorate a nursery on a guess or buy clothes on a guess. I can't believe it.
Yes I am extremely happy that the baby is healthy and has all of it's fingers and toes, and organs, and a healthy heart. But I really wanted to know. I really wanted to start my nursery. I really wanted to go and buy clothes. I just really wanted to KNOW!!!! (I"m fully aware that I am having a adult temper tantrum! It will only last a few more hours and then it will be fine. I'll be fine, just onto a new way of thinking.
12 comments:
It's crap I tell you!!! CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!!! I've been stewing about it all day. I wanted to start buying things too. I'm having a temper tantrum right along with you!
Bummer! Are you going to be able to have another ultrasound? Because it's either that or go with yellow...and that's just not fun at all!
WHAT THE HECK???? So now what - do they do another one soon?
Aww man! Its hard enough to wait 20 weeks! Tell that little baby of your to cooperate! If your doctors office isn't going to do another one before the baby is born I know you can go to the school where they teach the people how to do ultrasounds and they will take a look for cheap because they always need people to teach the students with. My friend did it and she had a great experience and they told her the right sex. Its a backup. Sorry you didn't get to find out. I would be having a temper tantrum too!
Yes, I am bummed. But feeling better @ it now. I don't think that I'll get to have another one unless something comes up that would require an ultra sound.
You'll have to tell the doctor that you are having some unusual pains and that you think he should do another ultrasound to make sure everything is fine. he he. That would do it.
Bummer Natalie! I was checking your blog just to find out ... I knew the ultrasound was Monday. I am bummed. SORRY!
I'd be throwing a temper tantrum too. Decorating and shopping is what makes being pregnant do-able. I hope you get another ultrasound.
Think of it this way Natalie, not knowing will save you money... I didn't even get an ultrasound with Shel, so I didn't know what she was either-you get what you get no matter what anyway! It just keeps you in suspense a little longer. I am glad all is well with the baby though. w
Think of it this way Natalie, not knowing will save you money... I didn't even get an ultrasound with Shel, so I didn't know what she was either-you get what you get no matter what anyway! It just keeps you in suspense a little longer. I am glad all is well with the baby though. w
Oh man, we were looking to find out as well. I'm sure the suspense is harder on you. At least you have a healthy baby!
natalie you are cracking me up with your adult temper tantrum....i would SOOOOOO be having one too! that would just totally stink. i feel for ya.
Post a Comment