Monday, March 16, 2009

Pity Party for One?
Yes once again I am throwing myself a self indulged pity party. I know, I know, I just had one a month or so ago. But alas her I am, again. Life will go on and soon enough another curve ball will be thrown my way. And maybe then I'll be able to hit a home run with it. But not with today's pitch.
I got a call from my Dr's office today. With the nice nurse letting me know that I do indeed have gestational diabetes. Man. The only thing that comes to mind is "That really Sucks!" My mom hates that word, but it really is the only word that describes how I feel about it (well a few choice ones come to mind but I decided to keep this blog PG). I go into the hospital tomorrow to meet with one of the OB staff to go over this whole thing. She said that she will set up a diet and exercise plan to help me manage this and give me one of those "prick your finger" things too.
But here are the things that I have scrapped together that I am thankful for:
I only have to deal with this for 12 weeks or so
My baby is healthy
I will learn to eat better
It could be worse (I know)
So once again...thanks for baring with me. Life goes on and I am grateful for my loving family and friends that stick by me (even when I complain A LOT!). And as I keep telling myself...it is all worth it in the end. It is worth all the difficulties to be able to hold her in my arms and kiss her sweet cheeks. It is worth it to be able to have the experience of having a baby in our lives. It is worth it to be able to watch Eric, Kiersten, and Aubrey fall in love with a new life. It is worth everything. So tomorrow morning I'll put on my Big Girl panties and buck up. But just for today, I'll have my party and only think about eating my cake too.
Love to all.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Natalie I had the same thing! I thought it was the end of the world but turns out it was a great blessing. I ended up weighing 8 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight by my 6 week check AND I give a huge amount of credit to the rest of my weight loss by actually learning how to eat. I still love myself some sugar though. And it's really not that bad, your fingers toughen up pretty quick. Good luck!

Hansen Family said...

You will do great!!! Can't wait to see your baby. And the girls are grpwing up way to fast:)

Gillian said...

That does really stink, but a lot of women go through this. It'll be over before you know it and you'll have a beautiful little girl as a result. :) And you'll be able to eat whatever you want again!

Kari said...

You're allowed to have a pity party! I can't even tell you how many I had while I pregnant with Lexie. But you are right it could be worse. Stay positive, you are lucky that can have that baby growing inside of you!

Tasha Horsley said...

Sorry Natalie! That doesn't sound like any fun to have to prick your finger! :( You can have your pity party and I'll be there in spirit with you. And yes, you are right, it could be worse. I am glad baby is healthy! YAY! :)

Cathy said...

I haven't been on your blog forever and glad I am all up to date with you and the baby! We all have those moments and the good thing is that you had the moment and have moved on and are learning from it! Here's to a healthy Mommy and baby!!!