Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Time
This year I decided to take the easy road and not host Easter at our house. This has been the tradition for the last several years and this year it seem to be too much for my mind to wrap around so we went to my mom and dad's house for Easter dinner and an egg hunt.
The girls slept in on Easter morning, which was nice, but Eric and I were up around 7:30. It was funny that we were the ones waiting for the kids to get up so they could find their baskets! When they finally got up they found their baskets and had a lot of fun going through them to see what the Easter Bunny had brought them.
Aubrey was really excited to find new "diva" sunglasses in her basket. Her sunglasses had fallen out of her purse, the week before, when she was riding her bike around the driveway and her Daddy has accidentally run them over with the bulldozer which squished them flatter than a pancake. When she found them she was crushed. She loved those sunglasses. So it was a great thing that the Easter Bunny knew just where to find new ones to replace them.
She went a little wild trying to find all of the hidden eggs.
Kiersten was a little more mellow about the whole thing. I hope she doesn't think that she is getting too old to do a egg hunt. I still wish that I could participate.

All in all, rain and all, we had a very relaxing Easter! It was fun to be with my family and only have to worry about making one salad. Hope that everyone had a great day as well!!! Love to all!

2 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

Looks like fun! I'm so glad you were able to relax and enjoy the day.

The Marecles said...

Sounds like you had a good Easter. I wouldn't have had the party either. The girls seem way more grown up than the last time we were down.