Friday, May 22, 2009

Ready or Not...She is Coming!
Well as the days go by and I get bigger and bigger, I am starting to come to the realization that yes, I am going to have this little girl soon. Whether I am ready for her or not. Right now we have baby stuff strewn about everywhere. And when I say everywhere I do mean everywhere. There is stuff covering my coffee table in the living room, stuff in almost every corner of the pool table room, stuff in my bedroom, and stuff on the kitchen table even. Eric asked me the other day if I was going to put the stuff away that is sitting on the coffee table and I had to let out a laugh! Ummmm where do you want me to put it?

As you might have guessed...her room isn't done yet. It has been cleaned out of all of my father-in-laws office stuff, but that is it. We, meaning Eric, still has a lot of work to do. We, again meaning him, needs to tear up the yucky carpet, move the door over about 4 feet, remove a half wall, build a closet, lay down new flooring, and paint. But hey, that can all be done in 3 weeks right? I hope so! But the biggest hurdle has been crossed so now the rest seems like small potato's compared to all of the work that went into cleaning 25 years worth of stuff out of it. Does it seem like small potatoes because let's face it...how much help am I going to be? Right? I have notice that I have gotten really good at supervising. I have tried to help as much as I can.

Here are a couple of pictures of things that are waiting to have a place to be put...
Sweet little owls
(I love them, probably one of the things that I am most excited about!)


Super cute blanket that her Grammie made for her.

The polka dot side is corduroy

Close up of fabric! I LOVE it!!!

5 comments:

The Marecles said...

Super cute Owls. Once the room is put together I am sure it will be adorable.

Stephanie and Taylor said...

The above comment is us. we are having technical difficulties.

Missi Waldron said...

Okay, I love the owls! My take on kids rooms is that they never fully appreciate them until they are about 2, so you have a couple more years to get the room done:)! Can't wait to hear more.

Hansen Family said...

Very cute!!! I have been wanting to ask you how long was it till you got pregnant? Here's my email address chrissym6@yahoo.com This time its a little bit hard to get pregnant with our third. It happened so fast with the other two:) Maybe its stress and not having a husband:) can't wait to see her pics and good luck with the room!!!

Gillian said...

I can't wait to see the new baby! Looks like everything is coming together! Love the fabric. Very cute.

BTW, my blog is now private so I need your email address to add you. Send it to rnbandrews@msn.com