LuLu's Cake
I made my first "big" cake this last weekend for my good friends little girls 1st birthday! (Wow that is a mouth full!) I was really nervous going into it since I haven't attempted to tackle a three tiered cake before. And it definitely helped that Karina was there helping me throughout the night. She was the best and rolled all of the little balls that went around the base of each layer and also cut out all of the dots and put them on the cake. By that time I was really tired and ready to be done so she really saved my bacon! It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. So now it doesn't seem too hard to decorate a cake that big.
Karina made the things coming out of the top and found the boa that wrapped around the base of the cake. It turned out really cute!
I also made a little cake for LuLu to be able to eat all by herself. She was really funny about it though and didn't really want to get messy. She ate like a little princess. To see her, go here...
I can't take credit for these great pics. I stole them off of Karina's blog. Thanks Karina!!! You captured the perfect pictures of the cakes!
5 comments:
You are super talented. It's so cute.
You do an amazing job; the cake is SO cute. I wish I still lived there so you could make me a cake! ;-)
Way to go Natalie! That cake is adorable. Go girl!
Nice work! I love the colors and little bead-balls (?) around each layer. Come teach me!
Natalie you are amazing! I am very proud of you and your FIRST BIG cake. It looks as though you have done a million. WAY TO GO!
Post a Comment