Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of School

Well the day has come for the girls to go back to school. Their backpacks have been packed with all of their supplies (& lipstick in Aubrey's) that need to go to school for a week now. They have only expressed a few times that they don't want to go back but last night they were really excited. I love the Enumclaw school district, at the end of the year the kids get to meet their new teacher & are able to see what friends are in their class. It really eliminates the nervousness for the first day. I love it. They already know what class room to go to, what friends will be there, & what their teacher looks like.
Makes me very happy!
When I was walking Kiersten to her class I told her to enjoy her last, first day of elementary school. She gave me a funny look & said "What?" I told her that this would be her last first day @ Westwood Elementary. Next year she'll be at the middle school! (Help me, I'm already freaking out about that...& it's a year away!)

Aubrey did great. One of her friends had a seat saved for her & she was all smiles. I told her to have a great day & that I love her & started to walk away. She said "Mom, you didn't give me a kiss!" Love it. She isn't done with me yet, not embarrassing yet. Kiersten on the other hand was a bit embarrassed that I went to give her a kiss. She just kissed me on the cheek! :(


Sweet girls, growing up too fast.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

How fun for them! And sweet freedom for you! Our school starts tomorrow...yay! :)

Karina Rigtrup said...

They look so cute, love the outfits! Mine are back to school tomarrow and I can't wait!