Tuesday, May 20, 2008

OUR SANCTUARY
Family is a wonderful thing. Especially when they are creative enough to create a mound of dirt into something other than a place for weed to grow. My dad, mom, & sister came out on Saturday to help transform our front flowerbed. My dad is has amazing ideas & is always able to create a masterpiece. We made it a family affair. Kiersten, Aubrey, Eric, & I were out there also. Eric did all the major digging with the backhoe, to set the pond. He also built the trellises & set them up with the help of his brother Lee & I (I held the hose and put the H2O in the holes to mix the concrete). We found honeysuckle and another beautiful climbing flower to go on the trellises. It is such a gorgeous place. We just love it. Thank you FAMILY!!!


The only thing left to do is put in the bench that will go in between the flagstone & the pond. I can't wait to be able to sit out there and enjoy all of the hard work that was put into this project. Thank you Eric, Dad, Mom, Marissa, & girls for all of the hard work. I love you all! You are the best family in the world!!!

3 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

WOW!!! That looks awsome. I absolutely LOVE the trellises. I'm sure I spelled that wrong. Anyway, I can't wait to see it!

The Parents said...

It turned out great. We can't wait to see it in person!!

The Marecles said...

Your yard looks so beautiful!! Do you want to come and do ours? We need a lot of help! Wish we could have been there to help out. Can't wait until we can come up sometime and see it.