Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Well yesterday afternoon proved to be a very interesting afternoon. Eric & I headed out together to go check on his job site down in Auburn. About 10 minutes into our trip we saw a little, tiny puppy wondering in the middle of the Auburn-Enumclaw Hwy. We saw 2 cars almost hit him, so we pulled over & I started calling "here puppy, puppy!" And much to my surprise he came over to me. So I scooped him up & got back into the truck. We went and knocked on quite a few doors to see if we could find the owners...but no luck. So we decided to just take him with us to Auburn. After we checked up on the job site we headed out to Puyallup to meet with our tax guy (we filled on extension in April). Just down from the job site we witnessed a bad accident (some person trying to beat a bus's stop sign but realized that he couldn't so he slammed on his brakes only to encounter another person that tried to do the same thing and made a left turn only to be hit by the first person-teaboned!) Well we didn't have time to stay so we just made our turn & started making our way to Puyallup via back roads though Sumner. We were sitting at a red light & all of the sudden....SMASH!!! Some lady that was behind us thought that our light turned green (it wasn't ours it was the left turn lane & we were in the lane to go straight) & decided to punch it! Rearending us in the process. It all happened so fast. All I remember saying was..."Are you serious?!" I mean, could this day get any weirder? RECAP....picked up lost puppy, witnessed accident, got in accident. After Eric dealt with the lady (i.e. exchange of info.) we headed off to go get out taxes done, lets just say that that didn't end well either. But in the end we are alive & will recover from our aches & pains. But I think that I'm going to stay home for awhile.

6 comments:

Shauna Plain and Tall said...

That is a very interesting day! Glad everyone is ok. What are you going to do with the puppy?

Natalie said...

Not keep it, that's for sure! We have enough dogs around our house, as you know. We put flyers up around the area that we found it & if that doesn't work we have a couple of people that might want it.

The Parents said...

I'll take it for sure and I will name it Paula! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Paige said...

holy crap!!! perfect title for your post..that is almost creepy. I think I would have said the same thing after all that lol.

Tasha Horsley said...

i am so cracking up that i have tears! i am sorry about your unfortunate day, but you really did make this into a funny story to read...i even read it all to pete...even about your lawn mowing. oh my! silly girl. :)

It's Your Story To Tell said...

Are you kidding me? I hope you went to bed when you got home and put the covers over your head! It must have been idiot day. Sorry to hear about the taxes (I hated that being self employed). Don't think I'll have to worry about it to much this year.